WindyNation's Complete Wind Turbine

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by windyguru, Jul 27, 2010.

1. windyguru

windyguru WindyNation Expert

Hey Beachbum,

I was out of town for a few days at a wedding so my reply is a little late. You can contact me directly at info@windynation.com if you want to discuss the stainless steel mount and being a distributor.

We are formulating a plan right now for distributors and hope to have something ready right around the release of the complete turbine.

2. BeachBum

BeachBum WindyNation Engineer

Fine, I'd be happy to be your East Coast Guy.
    BeachBum

3. offgridsomeday

offgridsomeday WindyNation Engineer

Windyguru : If you are looking for distributors, I live in central IL, and at least twice a month I have people stopping by while I'm out in the yard mowing or whatever and they always want to know what it is, where I got it etc... Any way I'm already trying to send business your way, so it seemed like a good idea. Don't woory I always tell them that the mount and tail are homemade, and that you guys are working on a complete package.
    As for myself I am very impressed with your products, so if you are interested let me know. Keep up the good work.

offgridsomeday

4. Minnesota

Minnesota WindyNation Engineer

Hi ... new here. I am working on a Alt E project for a small airport and in looking at all the small turbine products out there and it gets frustrating that no one really publishes true measured data for the combination of turbine, blades, and battery bank voltage under various wind speeds.

Some people publish RPM vs. Watts but they do not publish the associated wind speed.

I an an Engineer, and in my view the test all should be done under Standard Test Condition (STC), much like they do for solar panels. If none exists for wind, then I propose fixed voltage load circuit be used, one for an assumed 12V system, a 24V system, and a 48V system. This can be done with the properly sized zener diode in parallel with a fixed resistive load. Pretty simple. This will eliminate the battery charge level and battery condition from interfering with the test.

It would really help us customers to have this data for the Windtura 500. If you had this data then customers would be confident that what they are buying will actually meet there needs.

Thanks