Hello all! Here are some of the photos of the Vertical wind turbine we have been working on. It is about 80% (now 100% - 9/2/12) complete. All constructive opinions are welcome! Our test "rig". Even with the trees we can get some decent wind. We have a tunnel effect where this unit has been mounted. We used several kiddie pinwheels in the yard to find out the best place to mount all of this and were lucky as it turned out to be right next to the solar panel system. We will only need about 15 foot of wire to get it all connected! The first test mounting. This system is designed to assist the solar panel system we are currently using. In a effort to keep the neighbors happy (we really all get along nicely) we decided to create a larger version of the spinner hot air balloon we have on the porch.