Sun G wind grid tie inverter

Discussion in 'Connecting to the Grid' started by Southpaw, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Minnesota

Minnesota WindyNation Engineer

2. leamywind1

leamywind1 WindyNation Engineer

Ah Ha. You found one. Nice. Man Mouser and Dinkey have it all.
    so i can do the same circuit with the zeners but just recalculate the mA coil draw?
    I would need new calculations for the zenors and end resistor? The calcs for the last were for 20mA so we would have to use 40mA since this relay you posted is 20mA per relay making it 40 mA coil draw for both? For a 14 amp rating. the only thing with that is i am not sure about a fuse at 14 or 12 amps.

posb new cals.
    10w zenor (10 1w zeneors parallel) or (2- 5w zeners in parallel) to trigger and 10w zenor across the pos and neg of the coil
    (1) 230w 20 ohm resisitor or (2- 130w 10 ohms resistors in parallel)

3. Minnesota

Let's not design it here. It could be worth millions of rubles. ;)

4. leamywind1

Yes, got it.

5. Minnesota

Larry, can you check the relay amp rating on the SunG-1000 units? Do the 10-30V and the 22-60V version have the same relay? I'm concerned mostly on the 10-30V as at 1000w and 30V there is 33.3A and both could go higher in big wind. It really should be a 50A relay as the turbine in high winds could even spike to 1500w. You said the 250/300/500 10-30V has a 16A relay; there is no margin at 500 watts!

6. leamywind1

Yes, as soon as my wind dies off i will.
    ;)

7. timber

timber WindyNation Engineer

FYI:
    Not sure if they'll have the one you want but it might be worth checking out.
    Lots of OPTO Solid State Relays on ebay ... I got one there lately (Opto 22 SSR 120d25 - 120 volt 25A) for ~$15 - link.
    The one I got was used but they're tested and it works fine.
    I've purchased others with different ratings there also for around the same price.

8. Use relays and make them all work