Question on Inverter

Discussion in 'Connecting to the Grid' started by Bill Lawless, Aug 14, 2013.

1. leamywind1

leamywind1 WindyNation Engineer

Ok great!! That's perfect. You will need that information. You may want to also consider even a cheap remote wind meter mounted on your tower so you know wind speeds at that height of the turbine. That kind of information will go along way for you. Knowing the actual wind speeds, volts and power will help you know your system. Using local weather reports are not to accurate for an isolated location. Having real time on the spot information is very key.This helps with trouble shooting.
    Good luck with your system and please keep us posted.

2. Andy R.

Andy R. WindyNation Engineer

Larry, couldn't he just get the Windmax without the controller, one or two Sun G wind inverters and hook up some dumpload configuration like the WN dumpload coils to the second higher voltage Sun G dumpload feature and pretty much be done?

(I still consider myself to be a student at this).

3. leamywind1

Hi Andy,
    Yes I think thats what he is doing regarding the GTi's He will be following my diagram However, as far as I know the WM turbines all come with the controllers regardless. Thats actually a good deal and factor tested. I guess you could ask for a special order without it? Buying the WM it in the states you have no choice to get the controller with the turbine again, as far as I know. Buying it direct from HY-China and asking for it without the controller could be a long hassel dealing with overseas BS not to mention the long waiting time for it. Its simple enough just to disgard the battery controller for another time or sell it. My controller sold in a day on ebay so there is a market for it out there.

4. So from Larry's comment "Using local weather reports are not to accurate for an isolated location. Having real time on the spot information is very key"
    I assume these are not "set it and forget it" You have to keep and eye on wind speed in excess and shut it down to keep it from frying?? What do you do
    if you go on vacation for a week, take the chance and let it fly, or shut it down... hmmm How does this happen??

5. leamywind1

That's a great question!! Local weather reports are great for predictions of what is coming. I meant for real time on the spot data for you to record so you know what wind speed things are working at. For redundancy I would shut it down. You will get to have more confidence in your system a time goes by. That will be the deciding factor for sure but again shutting it down will give you peace of mind while you away.