Pic of a Sun G grid tie inverter system

Discussion in 'Post Your Photos' started by leamywind1, Dec 12, 2010.

1. leamywind1

leamywind1 WindyNation Engineer

Picture of a Sun G 1kW system. ( 500 w 10-30cv inverterts. Electric braking system and controll incase of a power outage.
    Relay system draws a constant 4 watts. With inverters 6 watts continuosly.
    [attachment=4:37pj60mq]IMG_2287.JPG[/attachment:37pj60mq]

Has a 220v A/C connection so each inverter is plugged into a 120v receptacle. 1 per kW meter.

[attachment=3:37pj60mq]IMG_2293.JPG[/attachment:37pj60mq]
    Here is the system without the inverters getting ready for shipping.[attachment=2:37pj60mq]IMG_2288.JPG[attachment=0]IMG_2288.JPG[/attachment:37pj60mq][/attachment]

This is one inverter mounted. The other gets stacked in front of it. They have a 2" space between them for air flow.[attachment=1:37pj60mq]IMG_2283.JPG[/attachment:37pj60mq]
    Stacked and rerady to go!![attachment=0:37pj60mq]IMG_2290.JPG[/attachment:37pj60mq]
    Final resting area. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wind!!

Thought you guy's might like it. I built this over the weekend for someone. 12-12-10

Larry

Attached Files:

2. Minnesota

Minnesota WindyNation Engineer

Great work Larry!! Man !

3. bluejay

bluejay WindyNation Engineer

without inverters what do you charge for those? I use the 22-60v sun-g inverters for the turbines..Thats a nice clean look to it..great job..

4. leamywind1

Hi Blue and Freinds,
    They are $550.00 plus shipping not including the inverters. I know it sounds like alot of money and it does not look like much but It takes me about 6 hrs to build and order some of the parts. As far as I am concerned it is worth it's weight in gold for what it does. The contactor system is the most expensive part. The contactor is specially rated to be on all the time, it is not a normal contactor. I have not spared any cost in building these. the base system is all mechanical not electronic except for the KW meters. You can do so many things with it. I have a remote volt meters in 2 places in my home off this system, you can install a switch for battery cabability or a relay system for battery/grid tie cabability. You can also install a turnigy meter on the break front for digital display up to 60v or anolog meters. Not to menttion it is all very neat and self contained for your application. I have the turnigy meter on the front cover of my personal one. I built them with or without the recitifiers. The main feature is it shuts off the inverters when no A/C power is available while diverting the turbine power to the rated D/C dump load. So the circuit breaker can be used as a manual brake as well. The dump load can simply be mounted to the outside of the control system. You tell how you want it and I build it and send it to you. Turn around time is about 3 weeks. THE ARE ALL HAND BUILD TO YOUR SPECTS..

I have put these pictures up so if you would not like to purchase one from me you can at least get an idea of how to build one. It has taken me two years to come up with this simplistic solution and the availability of what the Sun G inverter does. Simplicity is the key to small wind power. So, basickly for less then $1,000.00 you have a 1kw system all contained in a metal enclosure system plus custumizing all your own options. You do not have to tear your whole system apart if you want to reconfigure as everything is right there in front of you. It can work from 10v up to 55v in 8-30MPH winds with good turbine. Adding more inverters on the back end will give you even more wind power at higher wind speeds which results in less dumping the power. 10-30v inverter for low wind and 22-55v for higher wind with 20-28v volt being a good medium for both inverters to join up.

By the way my AP box failed and burned up all of my POS, plastic box, high wind working, chip adjusting inverters. I am sure you all know what inverter system I am talking about.
    I hope this helps.
    Larry

5. bluejay

Only one improvment I would consider is to add a small enclosure fan on the side of the unit to circulate outside air in..Heat could be a issue in bad storms...I will definately keep this in mind as I consider more equipment purchases..Might have to customize to tailure individual systems a tad... :p :ugeek:

6. leamywind1

Hey Blue,
    Great idea. I beat ya to the punch on that one. I have a built in fan in mine. There are many options for this but to keep the cost down I will leave it up to the individual for all the extra components unless specified. I just did a new vid on my beefed up control system for all to see.
    Thanks
    Larry

7. leamywind1

Attached Files:

8. bluejay

Broken link...
    :(

9. leamywind1