New member...got a question...that is probably simple.

Discussion in 'Start here' started by mr electric, Feb 1, 2011.

1. mr electric

mr electric WindyNation Engineer

:) Hi Folks! Here is what we are trying to do...and what I am looking for. Say if you have a very small windmill...it turns on a rotation of course and has a shaft that comes off of it.
    "that turning shaft" off the windmill "will connect" to something(an inverter?) that will convert it to green electrical energy.
    I "need to know" what I need "from the turning shaft of the windmill--to something?---that will convert it to electrical energy.
    I am in the central texas area--about 70 miles south of Dallas and 20 miles north of waco texas.
    Who can I contact and what do I need to buy to get the above questions answered. I am a rookie in this area.

Thanks..Mr. Electric

2. dlmcbm

dlmcbm WindyNation Engineer

Well there are a lot of questions on our part. What are you looking to do? Charge batteries or put power back onto the grid for home use? How small is your small wind turbine? Is it AC or DC voltage? I am sure someone can helpyou with just about any question you want to know.

3. murray2paddles

murray2paddles WindyNation Engineer

Hey dude your windmill , is it just that a windmill with a shaft that was used for pumping water or something ?
    There is a big difference in having a very small windmill and one that will produce electricity !
    Tell us about your small windmill and if you are for real there are lots of people who will help you out .

4. bluejay

bluejay WindyNation Engineer

You got it pretty bad in the other forum,,MR ELECTRIC..but you were so far off key on how it was,it just showed you had not done any search to start learning before engaging in conversation and have at least a little understanding... I welcome you and hope you lay some ground work,read alot of the posts and start discussion in your project..

Alot of us*cough* hate typing so the answers wont be 3 page novels.... :lol: