New Blades and adding 6 Feet...

Discussion in 'Post Your Photos' started by DonMcJr, Jul 8, 2011.

1. DonMcJr

DonMcJr WindyNation Engineer

Thanks to Murray I have new blades to try out. Thanks a Ton so nice to know there are good people out there still!!!!

I lowered the Tower this evening, Painted it and added 6 Feet. Tomorrow I have to rework the Hub a bit and Sunday she should be flying with the new Blades!!!

Here's the Deer Blind...Something is missing LOL!

2nd Pic Lowered, Painted, 6 feet added and waiting for Genny and new Blades!
    mising.jpg down.jpg

2. DonMcJr

Got the hub done...had to bolt my hub to the new hub because I needed a keyway and no one at work thought they could weld something on to keep it balanced. Tested it and the balance looks good!

Look at my wind forecast for tomorrow!:
    Southwest wind between 9 and 16 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.

Perfect too no obstructions from the Southwest!!!

Here it is ready to fly tomorrow!!!!
    newblades.jpg

bluejay likes this.
  3. DonMcJr

Well She's up and Flying! Had a little Trouble doing it myself and my Dad had to come help.

First the threaded coupling below the hinge was rotating and I had to pound a pipe in the ground and wedge a pipe wrench in order to keep it from spinning...

THEN...As I pulled it up with my quad no one was there to hold back i the opposite direction and the hing bent and it was tipping toward the quad but didn't fall! (Thank God for that)

...but she's good to go and I had 19 VOLTS at one point in about 10mph Wind! THANKS MURRAY!!!

There's a link below if the embedding of the video doesn't work...

Here's a Video... >>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/v/TIl8BvlV5QA?version=3&hl=en_US

raise1.jpg raise2.jpg Raised.jpg

4. murray2paddles

murray2paddles WindyNation Engineer

Good to hear you have volts ! Great all around project, it involves lots of everything. I also like the part that your Dad is around to lend a hand .
    Now the tough question , do you harvest any of those deer ?

bluejay likes this.
  5. DonMcJr

I only harvest what I eat...otherwise I take photos...

murray2paddles and bluejay like this.
  6. windyguru

windyguru WindyNation Expert

Glad to see that it is up and spinning!

7. DonMcJr

I haven't been around the genny since Sunday and some storms with high wind went through yesterday. Going there tonight. I'm not worried about the tower being knocked down I'm just hoping the dump load worked in the high winds!

8. DonMcJr

First of all I haven't forgot about you Murray! Eveytime I see them pretty silver blades I think of your kindness and say thanks!

Believe it or not today is the first good wind since I added the new blades...it's been sunny and no rain for the most part....

The solar kept my deer cam going non stop except for the 2 cloudy rainydays in a row...hopefully the wind will kick in more on the future cloudy days....