My setup including some raising pictures

Discussion in 'Post Your Photos' started by Crayfish, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Crayfish

Crayfish WindyNation Engineer

My setup is a WN PMA on a 32' freestanding (non-guyed) pole. As I said in another post it is not too easily raised and lowered. Here are some pictures.[attachment=3:v2coyyh8]P3070278rev1.jpg[/attachment:v2coyyh8]

Attached Files:

2. murray2paddles

murray2paddles WindyNation Engineer

looks like some nice diameter pipe for your pole ( 3 inch ? )
    You can control the up and down by just adding the gin pole.
    Let me know how much sway you get in your pole with no guy wires, or where you going to add any ?
    Can you add a closer pic of the base hinge, thanks

3. Crayfish

Here is a close up of the base and hinge affair. I didn't get too crazy because I was hoping the thing wouldn't come down too often. I used 4" schedule 40 pipe, It's strong enough but kinda heavy (about 10#/Ft) I was planning on putting guy wires and attaching them to the top of the posts around it but I don't get too much movement so I will leave it for now. I can't put a gin pole in because the turbine sits in between three posts that are the corner of my future horse arena. I plan on putting a wind turbine in each of the corners of the arena.

Crayfish

4. Crayfish

Here is a close up of the base and hinge affair. I didn't get too crazy because I was hoping the thing wouldn't come down too often. I used 4" schedule 40 pipe, It's strong enough but kinda heavy (about 10#/Ft) I was planning on putting guy wires and attaching them to the top of the posts around it but I don't get too much movement so I will leave it for now. I can't put a gin pole in because the turbine sits in between three posts that are the corner of my future horse arena. I plan on putting a wind turbine in each of the corners of the arena.

Crayfish

Attached Files: