I now have Wind and Solar Power!!!

Discussion in 'Post Your Photos' started by DonMcJr, Jun 20, 2011.

1. DonMcJr

DonMcJr WindyNation Engineer

Well I added my 45 Watt Solar Panels today! The battery was at 10.3 Volts and as soon as I hoked it up it went to 11.32 V in Cloudy Skies!!!!

Here's the Pics I now have one of the most High Tech Deer Blinds but I still need NEW BLADES on my Wind Genny!!!!!

The Wind Gen Coleman went from 10.3 to 11.32 Volts...
    [​IMG]

The Solar Charge Controller Showed 11.3 Volts...
    [​IMG]

Here's My Ultimate Deer Blind...
    [​IMG]

2. Minnesota

Minnesota WindyNation Engineer

Nice. Now this should keep the beer extra cold! :) How do you deal with vandals?

3. DonMcJr

Thanks!...My house is 500 yards away and I Have Cameras running 24/7...for viewing the deer in my food plot mostly but they will catch any vandals.

4. windyguru

windyguru WindyNation Expert

Cool. Are you finding that the combination of the solar panels and the wind turbine are providing enough power?

Your house is 500 yards away from your deer blind! How big is your property :)?

5. DonMcJr

6 Acres...

The Solar seems to be doing the Job by Itself...My Wind Genny only gets 12 Volts in High Winds...I need to get new Blades...Fixitguy was gonna send me some but I haven't heard from him in awhile...

After a Full day of Partly Cloudy and the Wireless IP Running the Soalr Charger read 13.1 Volts and the Coleman read 12.81 :cool:

I think I meant 500 feet...;)

6. murray2paddles

murray2paddles WindyNation Engineer

Don, from upgrading over the years I have accumulated hubs and blades. Right now I have been selling large WN 3 blade hubs and sets of 24 inch WN blades on EBay . If those two items could help you out let me know and I will send you a gift to help you out ( free). You pay for the shipping. If you want them I have 5/8 or 17 mm.
    Sorry Josh if I took your sale, just think of it as advertisement ! lol

bluejay likes this.
  7. DonMcJr

Murray...send me a PM with the shipping cost and your address...5/8 shaft... Thanks! I really appreciate it!

8. murray2paddles

Don, Canada has a National Postal strike right now & I live about 250 km from the clostest currier service . Will
    Pm you and figure something out .

9. DonMcJr

My luck always sucks lol! Let me know what you can work out...I can wait so it's not more expensive...The Solar seems to be keeping the camera running and the volts at 12.4...so I'm good for now...

10. DonMcJr

Its staying at like 12.6 Volts and the IP Wireless Cam has been running almost 7 days now...I think I have achieved my goal! Now when I get my new Genny Blades that will just help even more!!!!

11. murray2paddles

Don good to hear how the solar is working out. Postal workers could be back to work early this week, will send your blades as soon as they go back .

12. DonMcJr

Thanks!

13. murray2paddles

Went out in the mail Wed.

14. DonMcJr

ok Thanks Murray! I'll let you know when I get them!!!!!!!!THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!