How can I tell if the breaks are still on?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Brenda, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Hi, A newbie here. I put up a windmill and then had to take it down. I put the wires together to brake it which worked very well. Then I fixed a small problem and put the windmill back up. Now the windmill won't turn. It acts as though the breaks are still on. I have a diode on the positive wire to the battery and the neg wire is connected to the battery. If I take the diode off it turns from the juice in the battery, but if I put the diode on and hook everything back up, the wind turbine does not turn. Any ideas? Is the diode bad? Anybody had this problem? I would appreciate any ideas.

2. windyguru

windyguru WindyNation Expert

Sorry. I cannot figure out what is wrong with the information you are providing. I suggest you take the wind turbine down and manually inspect/test it.

Maybe another forum member has some ideas. Is there more information you can provide us?

3. leamywind1

leamywind1 WindyNation Engineer

Hello Brenda,
    When you put the wires together to short out the turbine when was this done? During high winds?
    Also, if you know what ohms you are suppose to be reading from the PMA itself that will tell if the stator is bad.

Larry

4. WindyFAQ

WindyFAQ WindyNation FAQ Staff Member

Hi Brenda,
    It always helps if you post some pictures of what you have. That way people get a better sense of what's going on.