I’m a 19 year old engineering student and I live in Belgium, since I was 16 I’m working on extracting power from the wind. The first wind turbine was a school project but since then many changes are made. About a year ago I changed the Delco Remy alternator by the windy nation 500pma. On my wind generator is a 10 foot 3-blade rotor .The rotorblades are made out of 1,5mm aluminum shaped into the Clark Y-profile(NACA 4412). This is done by folding it around a mold and TIG-welding it together. To simplify the making of the rotorblades have a constant chord of 145mm(7.5inch) and a constant pitch (φ=10°). Since I have the windy nation 500, I switched over to a 24V system. Because of the larger diameter, I had to use a timing belt with a ratio of 1,75. The pulley on the pma is tapered so it fitted on the shaft. The wind generator has a furling security which is calculated to start furling at 18mph, to prevent the rpm’s from getting too high. The last few days we had good winds and I have seen 909,8Watt Peak!! Since November 18, I am logging the power output with a watt meter and currently I have already 8,8kWh!!