1.5 KW grid-tie Inverter

Discussion in 'Start here' started by Ticiano Menezes, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for good brands UL certified for a 1.5 Kw grid-tie inverter. Can someone help me out ?

2. leamywind1

leamywind1 WindyNation Engineer

You can look into an Outback (2kw) or Ginlong (2kw). There is not much out there in UL at that low of wattages unfortuanutly. If you do find one please let me know as well.

3. bluejay

bluejay WindyNation Engineer

Aurora also makes a 2kw ul GT

4. leamywind1

Aurora makes a 3-6kw GTI UL rated for wind with no batteries and an input volatge of 50vdc. 2kw has an input voltage of 90vdc and is rated for solar according to their specs. Again not much to choose on a low volt UL inverter for the good old USA. Good luck

Link to Aurora
    ttp://www.power-one.com/renewable-energy/products/wind/aurora-wind/pvi-30-pvi-36-pvi-42-outd-w/series

You must also have a seperate controller to protect the inverter from over volatge with all the proper disconnets (D/C and A/C) as Aurora does not incorporate them like other UL inverters do. I Have recently installed a 6kw UL GTI Auroa for a 5kw turbine so i know a little something about them.

Hope this helps.:)

5. bluejay

bluejay WindyNation Engineer

your right leamy the one I looked up was for solar strings..my bad..

6. leamywind1

I wonder if you could use a controller and still use it (2kw Aurora) any. I would think it it may not convert the watts as fast as a wind rated one? Plus the damn voltage input is to high. I have put some post's on other forum's so maybe someone can tell us if any exisit that may have just come out.